Wednesday 12 June 2013

Burrator re-visited

I have not fished Burrator for about 30 years since I lived at Walkhampton.  It was very breezy from the North West which gave a little shelter along some of the western shore.  I chatted with Pat Power before I started to fish and then moved along the lake where I had one brownie on a buzzer.  Although windy, the sun was out and I was reminded that Burrator is among the most scenic of Dartmoor's man-made lakes. I also recalled that the record brown trout many years ago was around 14lb and my brother, Chris, landed one of 4.5lb.

 
Later, I drove around to Longstone where in the corner below the old manor house it was positively balmy.  I had a few pulls on buzzers but landed no more trout - a bit out of touch!  Two other anglers nearby had five rainbows between them.  They went off to try the Sheepstor dam but were soon back saying they could hardly stand up there let alone cast a fly - Tony Hooper

No comments:

Post a Comment